Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Evolution of My Garden

My father is building me a garden safe from the dog and kids. So he went all out. He cleared the weeds, dug some holes, and made cement footings for the fences. We are putting the hand prints of the kids in it. This has been so much work but it is one heck of a garden!

Matthew's prints

Ian's prints

This is with the fences now up around the area. He built these boxes for the planters and put in new plumbing so each plant can be watered with a timer.

This is the beginning of the boxes. I painted them and Eric built the rest. See the grass and debris on the floor? Eric and I hand pickaxed the ground to remove all grass and weeds, shoveled in new dirt and leveled the ground for the planters and bricks. Eric did a lot of the work, but I painted all the boxes inside and out to protect it from mold.

This is the piping my dad is installing.

This is where the timer will be hooked up. Notice the new copper plumbing he put in?
Crazy good!

Awesome!

This is the new and much needed water spicket thing he put on for us as he brought the piping over to the garden.
Painted boxes: check! Bricks laid out: check!

Mulch poured in: double check!!

Finished garden... almost. Now we need to put dirt in the buckets and plant the plants. When that is done I will take another picture. I can't wait!

3 comments:

Flatwoods Falconry said...

What a great garden! Be sure you drill holes in the buckets so the plants don't drown! I can't wait to see what you grow.

megan said...

that turned out FABULOUS!!! so jealous! :-)

Justin and Janell said...

wow that looks amazing!