So my doctor wanted to induce me a week early to make sure I got the antibiotics I needed and since this was my third he knew it would go much faster. It took a little less than 5 hours from start to finish and boy am I glad it is finished!! They put me on pitocin and antibiotics at 5pm, broke my water at 6, and I got an epidural at 8:30 that didn't take... ugh! By 9:30 the baby was ready to come out but the doctor wasn't there yet, he was prepping for a C section and they had to call everyone out to deliver my girl. By the time the doctor came, the nurses were frantically telling me to breathe the urge to push away and they were literally holding my legs closed. Finally, she was born at 9:50 pm the night before Father's Day!
Welcome Calista Aileen Bladh!
(Her name means "most beautiful daughter of God, or of the light" depending of the translation... and I think it is most fitting!)

She was my smallest child at only 7lbs 5 oz and 18 1/2 inches long!

Cutie patootie!

Daddy is proud of his new baby girl!

Our new baby! Yeah!!!!!!

The baby and my dad... her Pappou!

All I demand is "one million dollars!"

Mommy and new baby girl!

Daddy chillin' out with his baby girl!

Our first family pic... just the five of us!

Grandma and her first granddaughter!

Papa and his first granddaughter!

My sister in law Roseanne and the baby!

My brother in law Phillip and the baby

Awwwwww! So cute!!!!

My sister in law, Princess, and her mom, Kathy, and the baby!

Finally released from the prison called the hospital at nearly 48 hours later. Ugh!!!! I was ready to go Sunday morning but they made me stay until Monday evening for no reason but to make me go insane!!!! Anyway here she is in her car seat!

The boys are in love with Calista. They always want to hold her, look at her, or touch her. Most of the time they are smotherng her with love and she loves it!

Checking out her brothers!

Oh hello big brother!

Bonding time!

Matthew and Calista!

Ian and Calista!
12 comments:
aww melissa she is beautiful!! I can't wait to see her and hold her! Sounds like our experiences were somewhat similar..my epidural didn't take either. When you are feeling up to it, we need to visit!! Thanks for posting pics!! I've been check and checking :-)
She is beautiful!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are awesome!!! I am so happy for you guys. What a pleasure to add a little girl to the mix! And such a cutie patootie at that! Way to go! :-D
Adorable! I'm glad the labor was semi "fast". And she's such a cutie. All your kids are so adorable and I like the name Calista. Interesting. Good luck with the next few weeks.
Congrats! She's adorable.
YAY! How exciting that she is finally here! She is beautiful and I love the name!
Congrats to all of you!
Yepee! Congrats! She is adorable. And I love the name. I cna't believe you have 3 now! Good luck!
She's beautiful! I'm so happy for you and so excited I will be joining you in 7 weeks. Can't wait! Congrats to you all!
Congrats Bladh family, and congrats to Melissa for making it through another pregnancy! You look great! Keep the pics coming!
Ben says that preventing babies from coming by keeping the legs closed only works nine months earlier. Ha Ha!
Congratulations! We hope it wasn't too difficult for you. Thanks for posting the pics.
Hurray! Congratulations! How nice to finally have a girl. Third time's a charm, right? Do your boys love her? Keep posting pictures!
congratulations!!!! So happy for you guys. She is so cute, just like her big brothers.
She looks adorable!
Post a Comment