Friday, June 11, 2010

Solvang

Leaving the hotel to go to Solvang. She is riding like a princess on a chariot. She was very content and did not try to get off the whole way.

Outside a museum in Solvang.

When you rent one of these you realize how many hills there are that you never knew existed.

Yummy.

Relaxing after the rigorous bike ride.

Matthew and Ian scored free stuff at Del Sol. They were very nice to my kids. Here he is sporting his trinkets and the new cowboy hat he got.

We visited the mission in Lompoc. Apparently this mission is the most restored out of all of the missions. It was really neat to see since I have never seen a mission before and I never had to do the mission projects in elementary school.

The kids even had lots of fun there.

We went to the Santa Barbara Zoo on the way home because I had made a deal with Ian that ge would not let me forget. We were supposed to go to the Los Angeles Zoo before we were suddenly whisked away to Solvang. Ian was very upset and did not want to go so I told him we would find a zoo around there to go to. Everyday he made sure I remembered this deal until we got there.

The train around the zoo. We got close to a lioness who I thought looked very much like she was sizing up her meals as we passed by.

Train fun!


This is of Calista riding her chariot out of the hotel and of her singing a song from the Disney movie "Up!" in the car on the way to Solvang. Too cute!

No comments: