We took a cruise for our 8th year wedding anniversary and we didn't take the kids. My sister in law, Melissa, watched the kids during the day and Eric's parents watched them at night for 8 whole days. We mostly slept and did nothing and it was great! We really missed the kids though. On the 5th day out, I just wanted to fly home from our stop and be with the kids because I missed them so much. I knew they would have had fun since the cruise had so many kid things, but it was nice to spend time by ourselves! It was well worth it!

My crafty flower hair comb I made on the ship! Makes me irresistible huh? I knew it!

Isn't he so pretty?! Eric came with me to the craft to spend time with me and we made flower clips! He was a good sport when I forced him to wear it for the picture!

We stayed on Deck 5. Nice because it was right next to the restaurant! Yummy yummy!

Loved the all day ice cream bar and we loved the giant chess board on the deck. Here we are enjoying both at the same time! Whoa!

Eric lost! Here his King is falling because I whooped him in giant chess! He killed me in shuffle board though.

Funny ventriloquist on the cruise. We were laughing so hard! Inspired me to have Paco!

This is me about to barf. I wasn't seasick just pregnancy sick. It was like this for most of the cruise, especially near anything that smelled like anything good or bad, and especially if I waited too long to eat.

Coming into port we saw tons of turtles and dolphins swimming right nest to our ship. It was really cool. We already look tons more rested on our fourth day with no kids!

Pretty big ship!

Our ship!

This is a fort in Acapulco. The highlight for the town in my eyes!

I am just an ancient Chinese statue in Acapulco, Mexico. Just kidding it is only me! Fooled ya!

That is an old cannon and in the back is the biggest treasure chest I have ever seen! We thought Matthew would love to see these things so we took pictures of them. "Like real pirates!"

These are Mexican pigeons that only speak Spanish.

Cool post on one of the shops in Zihuantenejo.

The beaches on Zihuantenejo. Beautiful place and I would visit again. Very hot though even in mid December!

Another happy and well rested picture of us coming back from Zihuantenejo. This was our favorite stop on the cruise!

This is my new friend Paco. Picked him up on the cruise and adopted him. He is so funny and keeps me laughing. Okay, so Eric laughed a couple of times at my puppet but the kids loved it when we got home. Everyone wanted to play with Paco!

Paco is thirsty!

Sunny and hot day on the beautiful beach of Puerto Vallarta. The beach walk was the best thing we did there.

These guys are balancing rocks on top of each other with nothing but gravity and balance to hold them up! Very impressive! This was in Puerto Vallarta.

Scary rickety bridge. Thought I was going to fall through to my death! This was my last goodbye to the camera before I proceeded to my ultimate death. Okay... I survived!

Our murder mystery dinner group. Lots of fun and neither of us were the murderer but we had some guilty and juicy motives!

Sunny day in Cabo San Lucas and we are happy and well rested!
2 comments:
Wow! Looks like tons of fun! I'm so glad you guys got away. You both totally deserve some alone time (although I miss the kids too when I'm away).
I hope you still feel rested :)
Looks like you guys had a great time! Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment